Monday, August 16, 2010

How to cook steak using a 'slow cooker' ?

How's it going?





I bought a Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker the other day and would like to cook some steaks in it. I am cooking a thick Angus beef steak. How do I cook it and keep it juicy? Can I wrap it in aluminum foil and let it cook inside of the Slow Cooker? If so, for how long? Thank You.





Joshua.How to cook steak using a 'slow cooker' ?
Joshua- Steaks are generally cooked over a med-high burner in a pan...or over a grill.


By slow cooking a steak, it will go through some changes...starting by getting tough...then the longer it simmers, the more tender it gets. What you will end up with is something like a pot roast. (not all bad) but it doesn't resemble a steak anymore. Use some water and a lid to keep it moist and allow a liquid that you can use for gravy. I slow cook beef for 4-6 hrs if I'm at work. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment