Monday, August 9, 2010

Good Type of steak?

my girlfriend %26amp; I want to cook steaks, but I don't know anything about it..





for under $15-20, what type of steaks should I buy? I'd prefer boneless, unless there is some benefit to having the bone..





I tried cooking some type of steak a while back to make steak tacos, and after I cut it up %26amp; cooked it, it tasted like hamburger..argg.. I want the typical steak taste !





My girlfriend knows how to cook steak, but I need to buy them.. I AM LOST !





Tips please !Good Type of steak?
The best cut of steak in my opinion is a Porterhouse. It does have a bone ... which adds flavor. You have the best of both worlds ... Up top you have a nice NY Strip and below you have a Tenderloin.





http://animalscience.tamu.edu/ANSC/meatj鈥?/a>Good Type of steak?
Well, with that traveling gourmet guy here, I guess you wouldn't even want to look at my answer
filet mignon!! really delicious.





and top sirloin steak is good too.
Rib Eye is one of the better tasting steaks. Tenderloin or filet mignon is very tender.
Rib-eyes, t-bones, porterhouses are good. Having the bone in the steak adds a lot of flavor, and helps to keep it from drying out. N.Y. strips are a great boneless, steak, still has good flavor. If you want steak and only have $5, look for flat-iron steaks, they are second only to fillet mignon in terms of tenderness, and cost a lot less, I can feed myself and two kids this type of steak for dinner @ about $2-$3 total. Only drawback is there is usually a strip of grissle right down the middle of each steak. If you are going to cut it up for tacos, you might want to get a bigger piece of beef instead of individual steaks. Then you can season to your preference, and cut it up and have leftovers. Usually when you buy larger portions of steak or beef, or buy value packs, you get a better deal. Some good advice would be to find a store with a good meat dept., and ask one of the butchers for their advice. They know what the best cuts are, what you can get on your budget, tips on cooking, new things to try, etc. A seasoning I really like for my steak is montreal steak seasoning.
Tenderloin is best. If you can get it, Australian Kangaroo loin is realy good, when well cooked, even more tender than tenderloin. You must cook it 'medium' for the best taste, juiciness and flavour with the temperature inside at about 55 to 60 degrees Celsius. Just sprinkle a little fresh ground pepper on it. Enjoy! {:-)
try ribeyes or strip steak,they are the best
i think you should start with a porterhouse steak for my recipe. i don't know but it looks like the steak i use, i usually just go to the store and pick by looks and don't read.





well you need oil, onions, soy sauce, regular kitchen mushrooms, sugar (if you like, but to taste).





cut the steak like you would fajita strips chop the onions (don't dice them, you want long skinny pieces) , cook them in the oil in a pan (add a little water if the onions look like their going to burn) , once their almost all the way cooked, lower the heat and add the soy sauce enough to cover half of the meat(low heat so it doesn't bubble and burn up too fast), bring heat back up and add the rest of the ingrediants and cook the meat through. serve over white rice or just eat it like that if you like.





this is an easy recipe my dad tought me, still i don't know what kind of steak to use. it might be porterhouse, but to be sure the steak isn't really tender or it will be mushy the way i cook it, it has to be alittle chewy with fat since the boiling in the soy sauce will loosen it up.





Edit: I think it might be rib eye.
Rib Fillet is the very best or Tender loin if you are loaded! Only turn your steak once and season it with salt and pepper before you cook it

No comments:

Post a Comment