Monday, August 16, 2010

Good Type of steak?

my girlfriend %26amp; I want to cook steaks, but I don't know anything about it..





for under $15-20, what type of steak should I buy? I'd prefer boneless, unless there is some benefit to having the bone..





I tried cooking some type of steak a while back to make steak tacos, and after I cut it up %26amp; cooked it, it tasted like hamburger.. I want the typical steak taste !





My girlfriend knows how to cook steak, but I need to buy them.. I AM LOST !





Tips please !Good Type of steak?
you can get a good quality steak in that price range...i prefer a ribeye or T bone...you want a little marble of fat when buying it cuz that helps tenderize it naturally...also i like mine cooked med rare to maybe med at most...the longer you cook steak the tougher it is....enjoy your evening w your gf!Good Type of steak?
The best options are a local butcher or gourmet market. Ribeye and ny strip(shell) steaks are the best for the money. You can pay anywhere from $6-$28 a lb depending on the grade and location
NY strip is the best!!
My all time favorite is a Tbone steak, I mean you cant go wrong with one of those....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment