Monday, August 9, 2010

How do I cook a steak and make it taste good??

I want to make steak with rice and beans tonight with a salad on the side.. but I don't know how to cook steak, what seasonings to use to make it taste good in EVERY bite???


Help. Me and by boyfriend tried Adobo, and lemon suice but after cooking the flavor wasn't there anymore and I had to go get A1 sauce. Help? And Do I use Medium heat?How do I cook a steak and make it taste good??
Start off with a good cut of steak, boneless rib eye is an excellent choice as it is tender all the way through. Make sure the steak is at room temperature so that it isn't cold on the inside which will make it harder to cook evenly.





You can cook it inside on a nonstick frypan with no oil, salt or seasonings which can dry out a steak. Heat the pan until it is hot - water should sizzle. Add the steak, cook at high heat until the bottom is crust and dark.





Flip over. If you want a rarer steak, keep the heat high. For a more well done steak, reduce the heat. Let it cook.





You can gauge how well done it is by cutting the top and looking through the middle of the steak. Without experience or a thermometer, there really isn't another way to tell.





When it is done, put it on a plate and set it aside somewhere warm. Add unsalted butter to the pan with its drippings. When it melts you can add seasoning if you like including lemon juice, s%26amp;p to taste, chives, rosemary, etc. Pour over the top and serve.





You can serve with fresh lemon wedges if you like or a creamy horseradish sauce is good if you want something super spice. You can get that premade at the store.How do I cook a steak and make it taste good??
If you bought high-quality steaks, use minimal seasonings or none at all, in my opinion. The reason to buy more expensive meat is because it has a better taste of its own. You wouldn't spend $1500 on marble counters in your kitchen and then paint over them, right?





As for cooking, I prefer to grill mine, and I usually grill them on medium heat. If cooking inside, though, I put them in the broiler. Use a pan with a grill-top on it. (And cover that with aluminum foil to make it easier to clean.)





To help preserve the flavor, don't cut into the steak while it's cooking if you can help it. A meat thermometer is much better; you can poke one small hole in the steak and find out the internal temperature, which tells you whether or not it's done. If you have to cut it to check, cut about half an inch into one of the thickest edges on the steak. The more you cut, the more juice will escape, and the juice is most of the taste.





I suggest having whatever sauces you like available on the side, so you can check the taste by itself, then dunk if you want to. When we fondue steak, we actually make a small buffet of sauces so you can dip each bite in something different.
My hubby makes his steak on the grill on medium-high heat. Rub the raw steak with a generous ammount of lemon pepper seasoning and garlic salt. Cook on one side for 10 minutes, flip then cook for another 5 minutes. Check the inside to see if it's as rare as you like it. ( make a little cut in the thickest part of the steak) If you need it cooked alittle more, turn the heat down. 5 more minutes should do it. He usually buys a medium thick steak with moderate marbling. It always turns out so juicy and tender! I'm hungry now- thanks!
google steak seasonings
Garlic POwder and Cumin and Canadian Steak Seasoning..... I usually use an indoor grill .... but it should be the same in a pan on medium heat covered you want to make sure the inside gets cooked
use a spice called ';dead cow shake';


and use garlic
I like to cook my steaks in a little butter. I melt the butter in the pan, and drop in crushed garlic and chopped onions. I cook that mix till brown than add the steak. I like medium heat and cook till it just a bit red in the middle. Yes, I eat red meat....I know Colombians don't care for that.......I also love mushrooms with my steak.....





But, overall, I would prefer to eat fish, like a grouper or some snapper......





Enjoy
Hi twirla,





I found this phenomenal recipe in Men's Health magazine and it absolutely wooed my gf.





(2) 8 -oz ribeye steaks


steak seasoning - grocery spice section (contains black pepper, mustard seed, powdered garlic, onion powder, etc)


1 tsp extra virgin olive oil


tongs (for the grill)


meat thermometer





Start the grill on high heat. Pour olive oil on a large plate and turn the plate so it is covered lightly by the oil





Place steak on the oil/plate until that side is coated, flip it over and coat the other side. (repeat with second steak).





Coat both sides of both steaks with seasoning. The olive oil helps cling seasoning to the steak





Place the steaks on the grill and leave them alone for 5 minutes; which will help to develop a crust on the first side.


After 5 minutes use tongs to flip the steak over and cook the other side; sprinkle seasoning on the cooked side.





After 5 minutes use meat thermometer to test. Betwee 140 and 160 is medium rare. Remove steaks from heat and serve while still hot. Their middles should be med/rare, juicy.





Everything else you are serving sounds delicious.





good luck - and bon appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment